Interview with Iris Orantes : A Travel Photographer and A Successful Graphic Designer
Iris Orantes is a Graphic Designer by profession and photographer by passion. She was born in Chiapas, México a city with big rich nature. Since three years ago she decided to buy a reflex camera and after that she started clicking photographs.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself, your aspirations and your hobbies!!
I´m a Graphic Design, forever i loved the photograph. I was born in Chiapas, México a city with big rich nature. Since three years ago i decide buy a reflex camera and i can see which are my passion…the photograph.
i´m sure the live an God are good with me,the photograph make a change in my life, i think so i´m very fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel an have contact with the nature. For me make nature photograph is as other world, i´ve visited jungle and i loved the diferents species of flora and fauna of this places.
2. How you first got involved in whit photography, are you an imaginative person?
Since i was very young i remember to make all the photographs of my family with a old camera, i loved it. In my mind i have and archive of all images, i think in images and i make the photography for to catch the moment. Yes, i think i´m an imaginative person since child.
3. What does photography mean to you?
The sense of the time, the moment, the beauty, the amazement constant. The nature photograph to leave me to more diverse places, since jungle, dune, sea.. and the conditions of the climate, the distance, the sun, the mosquitoes, all to make part of this adventure and i love it. When i go to an campament of photograph i have a big smile every time.
4. Photography is your passion or profession or both?
Is my passion, i take all free time for this.
5. What do you find most challenging about photography about your topic?
For me the nature photograph is amazement all time because i don´t have control of the light of the sun, the rain, is as to come into the world of the unpredictable.. all can success. Sometimes for example i hope a long time for make an photograph and when i can make it the image is really beauty…and i doubt if make it or only to pleasure the moment, generally i push the bottom.
6. How do you get the person, place or thing that is in front of the camera onto the film, chip or paper in just the way you want?
Generally i have an idea about of the image, more or less as i want this photograph. Sometimes i use filters, and the post edition for to obtain the image as i want.
7. Any specific tips you have for newbie photographers?
To dare, each day is possible mean sometime new with the camera, make to test with differents tecnics, lens, kinds of light. The most important is enjoy because in the photo also is the reflect of the photographe.
8. What motivates you to continue taking pictures economically, politically, intellectually or emotionally?
Emotionally absolutment, every time i have a great surprises with the photography, this make me happy. I can go to new places, know new people and mean all the time.
9. Five adjetives that describe you.
Friendly, patient, analytical, insolent sometimes and optimistic.
10. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments?
Not really. Each person have a different perception, maybe an image is beauty for someone and indifferent for other. But also a comment say more, because generally born of somewhere than to attract attention and this is important in a photo…attract the attention.
11. You have a website also, please tell me about that?
I don´t have a website now.
12. What motivates you most in life?
My children’s, Iris 12 years old and Rodrigo 8 years old. I think so this passion with the photography is my example for they, is important kind somewhere special in the live of each one, and go for the dreams.
13. So whats next in your list?
Right now i have an invitation to the jungle in Chiapas, México and a photograph encampment whit two great photograph Raúl Cantú and Gerardo Barrera, landscape and macro photograph.
14. Words and suggestion about www.indiaataglance.com ?
Is an interesting project make this kind of interview, in your website we have the opportunity for to know the job of people in others countries of the world and also about of your beautiful country Indian City. Congratulations and Thank you India at a Glance.