Dakshineswar Kali Temple
Dakshineswar Kali Temple is located nearby the Vivekananda Bridge north of Calcutta, around 20 km and on the eastern bank of the Hooghly River. It is acclaimed for its association – with Ramkrishna who achieved spiritual vision here. He served as temple’s head priest. This temple was constructed by Rani Rashmoni in 1847. The development of this awesome temple was introduced in the year 1847 and got finished in 1855.
The temple compound, separated from the nine-spired fundamental temple, contains an extensive patio encompassing the temple, with rooms along the boundary dividers. There are twelve shrines dedicated to Shiva along the riverfront, a temple to Radha-Krishna, a washing ghat on the waterway, an shrine devoted to Rani Rashmoni. ‘Nahavat-Khana’, the chamber in the northwestern corner just beyond the last one of the Shiva temples, is the place Ramakrishna used a significant part of his life.
Good for : God Lovers
Timings : All days of the week (6:00 AM – 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM – 9:00 AM)
Visit duration : 2 to 3 hours